Thursday, August 30, 2018

Welcome to my day


First, let me introduce our sole zinnia bloom. In the dry heat of June, we bought a packet of "wildflower seeds," knowing we couldn't use them right away. As monsoons began, we picked out an open spot, turned up the soil and scattered several dozen microscopic seeds. On dry days, Sam set up an oscillating sprinkler. And we waited. And waited.

Finally Sam pronounced that one 3 inch plant was a Zinnia! And so it is. Over a foot tall now, it will eventually have 3 or 4 blossoms.

Native plants are doing great, but only that one seed came up! So on my walk, my first stop is our zinnia. Can you see it?!


Walking isn't only for the legs. I also use this grippy thing to strengthen my hands.


Sam is good at spotting wildlife tracks. We think this might be deer.


Back at the casa, Sam goes off to work. My first chore is washing dishes. It doesn't take many to fill up available counter space.


This little corner makes me happy, with all its bright colors. Especially when it's clean! That's a knife rack under the cabinet; very handy.


It's a rough life for some members of the family.


And we end with a nice sunset reflected in the front window as we barbeque pork chops for dinner!

No comments: