Sunday, August 19, 2018

Out of the city


My mom came to church with me this morning, and Sam was on a motorcycle ride up the mountain with our friend Dean. So Ma and I went out to lunch, then took a drive to the outskirts of town.


The desert was beautiful after all the rain we've been getting. These are barrel cactus in bloom, with a big old cholla behind them.


Spectacular, eh? I'd forgotten that they bloom this late in summer. We were on a circle drive through Saguaro National Park, just a few miles away on the eastern edge of Tucson.


My mom and I both love the "country" so much more than city. She commented numerous times on the clouds, healthy cactus and mountains.


One of the biggest cholla we've ever seen, loaded with hanging fruit. It was around 100 degrees out there, so we didn't get out of the car much.


I'll finish with Sam's favorite flower, the bird of paradise, which has been blooming in front of my Mom's apartment building.

Have a great week, ya'll. And special thanks to my sister-in-law, Faye, for encouraging me to keep posting!

No comments: