Tuesday, June 26, 2018

The Wild West

I'm waiting for Sam to get home from work and thought I could give you an update on a post from a few days ago.


On my morning walk, half a mile east of us there's a windmill owned by the Double X Ranch. That's the outfit that used to own our property and they are actually a working ranch. Unlike our Pumpkin Patch Ranch, which we just call a ranch because we love the idea of having one!


Across from the windmill is a road and I went exploring the other morning.


I found several tanks for watering cattle and wondered about the hose leading to the big one. Sam explained later that a pipe goes from the windmill to fill the tanks and that's why they're right across the road! (I call this one of my "blonde" moments.)


My adventure into the Old West inspired me to resume my brisk walk and slow jog home. On a side note, it has been an adjustment exercising at this higher elevation. We were at 2,600 feet in Tucson and the PPR is at 4,100 feet. I'm still getting used to it.



No comments: