Friday, June 29, 2018

Morning routine


Sunrise was pretty this morning off our deck. It's been a bit more humid, which makes us wonder when monsoons will start again. Early July is common and coming soon!


Frankie and Dingus are my morning companions.


Of course, they're really just making sure I don't forget their breakfast.



They're still around to greet me after my morning walk. (Yes, Frankie is a bit cross-eyed. It's cute, right?!)


So is this! Sometimes they only tolerate each other; sometimes they play and chase each other around. I think they act like brothers.


Awhile later I had the door open for the fresh air, and we had a visitor. 


He was making a very loud clacking sound. Very exciting for the cats! 


He's a roadrunner, of course, and has been a frequent visitor, but today he stayed quite awhile. I love seeing wildlife up close.


Both cats avoid the swamp cooler when it's running, but when we turn it off in the morning, they suddenly get very curious. 


Finally, it's naptime for Dingus, within arms reach of Mom's chair.


No comments: