Thursday, June 21, 2018

My morning walk


I'm back on track! I usually exercise and walk three times a week, but moving and settling into the little house threw me off . . . for weeks!


It was a beautiful morning. I always feel better when I get out regularly. I even do a bit of jogging to get my heart rate up.


I often see interesting stuff. Yucca flowers come out in May, so this one is gone.


But down the road was a late bloomer - spectacular.


Millipedes only come out after the summer rains. We've seen one or two, but when the rains start in earnest, there will be many more. 


Creosote blooms are fun and smell different-good when it rains.


Back on the home stretch.


That's the PPR on the horizon (left). The slash of dirt in the foreground is where the road grader makes a runoff for the rainwater.


Then I have to say goodbye to Sam as he leaves for work. 


After setting up driving music on his phone, of course!

No comments: