Saturday, September 15, 2018

Weekend projects


I went on an outing yesterday in the ranch truck!


As Sam left for work, he asked if I wanted to help him out on the truck. He needed to drain the coolant in the radiator and showed me the knob to open and where the fluid comes out. I assembled my supplies and tools.


Had to crawl under and get dirty, but in an hour or so, we had a couple gallons of old dirty coolant in the bucket. Then I refilled the radiator with fresh water and drove down to the Quick Pic store for a treat! I don't often understand how Sam fixes vehicles, but it felt good to be able to handle something simple like this.


Our Saturday morning began with iced coffee (Sam) and honey-lemon tea (me) at our patio table about sunrise, and the cool air motivated us to start clearing the weeds and grasses from the edges of the yard.


Sam used the hula hoe and mattock (look it up; I had to!) to take out the pesky plants that grew crazy with the rains. He also trimmed dead branches off the mesquite tree.


I raked everything into piles and carted it away to our chipper and compost pile.


And here's the "after" photo. We should be done with the whole yard by Christmas!

No comments: