Thursday, September 20, 2018

Bonus day!


I had some extra time in Tucson the other day, so I took my Mom out for lunch. I thought she would enjoy one of our favorite restaurants, Zemam's. Ethiopian! Great food; as a matter of fact, they were on an episode of Food Network's Diners, Drive-ins and Dives last spring.

My Mom kept saying it was strange because they don't use silverware, but she liked it.



On the way home, Sam and I made a new friend. She has a Double X brand on her shoulder, which is the ranch that surrounds our neighborhood. Sam says she's also a Dale Earnhardt fan because she also has a number 3.



Yesterday dawned cool and cloudy, so I got outdoors and cleared out more grasses and weeds in our yard. I worked several hours in 72 degree temps . . . perfect! Eventually, I got rained out. Matter of fact, it rained so hard that Sam and several other vehicles were stuck on the other side of a small wash on our dirt road! With Sam's coaching on the phone, I drove our new ranch truck over there and  through the running water, which was about 2 feet deep and 30 feet wide. And rescued Sam! We parked his little Honda at a friend's, then took a neighbor back across with us, because her car wouldn't have made it, and we didn't get home till 8:30. What an adventure!



It's been awhile since I've posted photos of the cats, so I'll close with a few.



Dingus Magee doesn't often get in the mood, but this morning he decided to play with his favorite toy.



It's the orange ring off a Gatorade bottle.



He can toss it and pick it up in his mouth or paws.



Such fun!



Meanwhile, Frankie just needs more sleep. It's a tough life.



Have a good weekend, everyone!

No comments: