Thursday, August 8, 2019

Storms and sunsets


The other day, Sam was leaving work and stopped to watch a thunderstorm lighting up the sky. With patience and a lot of photos, he captured the lightning in the clouds.


He said the clouds really were purple like this! He got some amazing shots.


Monsoon storms bring out the critters, especially tarantulas. Sam's commute takes longer these days, as he stops to look at every creature he sees.


Yes, this is a rattlesnake. All critter photos are courtesy of Sam, too.


This toad was right outside our trailer and was as big as my hand. I like amphibians and reptiles, but this one was too big to even pick up.


This moth was on Sam's school bus and he said it was 2 inches across. I've never seen one like this.


And the cattle have been out in force, all colors and sizes. Sam recently met the foreman of the Double X Ranch and dubbed him Cowboy Wayne.


I did say sunsets, didn't I? They've been many and varied, due to all the clouds.


But I'll leave you with a sunrise I caught just after Sam left for work one morning. What a great start to the day.

I hope your weekend is a good one!

No comments: