Monday, February 25, 2019

We survived the weekend


Many of you saw photos posted by Arlene and others of the fun gathering at the Pruitts in Tempe. These are girls I went to camps and teen activities with many moons ago! P.J. Soderman, Nancy Ezell Branch, Betty Laos and Lynn Grimes.


Jim and D'Ann courageously planned the events, gatherings of Arizona Bible Camp friends and family, at their home every Friday night in February. It was a lot of fun to catch up with them again.


Arlene and John Mills were there, bringing memories of the first years after I moved to Tucson in the early 1980's.



Tim Laos brought his guitar and we had fun singing old camp songs, some of which I hadn't heard in years! Alan and P.J.'s son, Alan Jr., joined the group and especially enjoyed the humorous stories of our youth.


Nancy and I were in the same cabin at summer camp at the age of eight and became fast friends. It's a big deal at that age! I wish she lived closer, so we could renew the friendship.


After that fun evening, Sam and I stayed a couple nights with our friend Karen in Phoenix. She has 4 dogs -- these 3 and Marty, a big black shaggy mutt with a big bark. Plus 2 cats and 2 toddlers!


Sam had a few home repair projects he wanted to do for Karen, and he enlisted the help of Seth, who's three. First, they read the instructions.



Then Seth had the important job of holding the flashlight while Sam installed dimmer switches. That's usually my job, so I was happy!



Karen and I also took the kids to a gymnastics class, where Seth expended some energy. He has a lot of it!


And this is the other munchkin, Ethan, who's also a real cutie. He's two.


We got back to the ranch late last night after dropping by Becky and Juan's to pick up Ma. This morning there's still snow in the shady areas, but it's melting fast.

Welcome to your week! I hope you have a good one.

No comments: