Thursday, February 7, 2019

Seattle! Family time!


Last weekend we flew to Seattle for a very special occasion, the wedding of my nephew JC (Chester) and his beautiful bride, Stina. I'm sure many of you saw this gorgeous photo earlier, posted by JC's dad, my brother Tim.


I flew up with my Mom, and the first special time was meeting Ma's first great-grandchild, Nola. What a sweet baby! You'll see her parents later.


We stayed with my brother Ben and Kathy. We always love their hospitality and home, and the entertainment this trip was the neighbors' free-range chickens. They literally ranged freely right into our yard!


On Saturday morning, I drove back to the airport to pick up Sam, who could only come for a couple days.


Doesn't he look handsome in his tuxedo?! The wedding reception was held at Chihuly Garden and Glass in downtown Seattle.


They started with a traditional Chinese tea ceremony, a wonderful and personal few moments when we could give advice to the newlyweds.



During the evening we had time to roam around the spectacular museum and studio.


We were directly under the Space Needle, Seattle's most famous landmark! It was an amazing evening, a wonderful dinner and a lot of good times with family. (Unfortunately, I once again neglected to bring my phone/camera, so thank you to family for sharing their photos!)

I will continue with the rest of the trip later today. Breakfast with Ma takes priority these days!

No comments: