Wednesday, May 29, 2019

New Orleans


I don't have much time, so ya'll (see, I'm picking  up that southern drawl already) are spared my usual narrative. But I wanted to show you our trip to New Orleans!


First, we dropped off Dingus and Frankie at the Canine Connection. Sam spotted John Goodman, the actor, dropping off his dog and is greatly disappointed that he didn't get to say hello. Evidently John lives in the neighborhood and is a very nice guy.


Then we're off on a carriage ride around the French Quarter!


With a wonderful guide.








Louis Armstrong park.


St. Louis Cemetery No. 1, dating from the 1700's. Fascinating!



Nicholas Cage has a crypt waiting for him here.




Featured in the movie, Easy Rider.




Then we drove over to the Bywater section of town, with many more colorful buildings.





Cosmo was the mule who hauled us around. (Photo is out of order; I'm in a hurry, dinner is coming!)



Stuck my toes in the Mississippi River, as I have done in St. Louis and at the headwaters in Minnesota!


Magnolia tree and blossom.


Sam made me a clover bracelet, like I used to do as a kid in Kansas City.


And ended with dinner at Frankie & Johnny's, a local neighborhood place.

A really fun day!

No comments: