Sunday, April 14, 2019

Mornings


Mom's been getting outdoors to work on the yard occasionally. This driveway is her main view from her little house and it bugs her that the weeds are growing up between the tracks. It doesn't bother me! I think they'll die off soon, but it's good exercise for her.


We had a nice visit with our old neighbors, Amber and Kevin, and 3 of their 10 kids (!). They used to send over fresh eggs for my Mom and Dad, so they were glad to see Ma again. They moved to Show Low a few months ago and we've been storing their cool old Bronco on the ranch. We're sure sorry to lose them as neighbors, but they love their new "hood."


This is the view from our bedroom window and the first thing I see in the early morning.


This is Dingus's favorite morning spot, in the sun and in front of the heater. Double bonus!


And this is my next view, as Mom and I eat breakfast. Usually she's looking out the window to her right, but this morning she was more contemplative.


On the other hand, Sam's view every weekday morning, afternoon and evening is out the front window of this yellow behemoth. He has his own bus and route now and is starting to get to know the kids who ride. Especially the ones whose parents he contacted about their behavior! I'm seeing already that Sam's going to have a positive influence on a number of young lives. He's fair and firm and uses humor. I'm very proud of him.



I'll close with an update on our native spring blooms. The purple bush is on the PPR and the orange daisies are down the road.


These goats in a field of poppies are off the main road a few miles away. We need to harvest those seeds in a few weeks and spread them around the ranch. So pretty!

No comments: