Wednesday, January 23, 2019

Birthday celebrations


Somebody here turned 52 a few days ago! What a handsome dude. We had some shopping to do at Home Depot, and Starbucks sent Sam a free drink on his app (plus we had giftcards from Christmas; thanks, Tim!), so we headed to Sierra Vista for a breakfast burrito, shopping, laundry, more browsing at a thrift store for the birthday boy, and lunch. It was a fun day!


Over the weekend was the lunar eclipse, and I'm sure many of you watched it. Earlier in the day, we had some clouds, but by nightfall the skies were clear.


Sam set up his telescope (which he found a few years ago . . . at a thrift store!).


He's taught himself how to use it and guided me as I turned the knobs. I have no idea how these things work.


With patience, Sam was able to take some good photos through the lens.


We could see a bit of the red moon with our naked eye, but it didn't show up on camera. We had a lot of fun, though! Sam especially is enamored with astronomy and many other scientific and technical subjects.


I'll leave you with a couple of sunrise shots. Back at work, Sam leaves the house at 4 a.m., 3 hours before sunrise. I've been getting up early, too, so I can get things done. We moved the furniture to the 5th wheel over the weekend, and now I'm moving all the little stuff box by box. It's about 40 steps from one house to the other. Lots of trips, lots of organizing, and good exercise.


Have a good week, everyone!

No comments: