Thursday, October 25, 2018

Jobs and other stories


I've been working on the yard and tree trimming again this week. I sure enjoy being outdoors, especially on a beautiful day. The south side of our little house was pretty warm, but the clouds came and went, so that helped.


I occasionally do a side job, travelling to different neighborhoods in southern Arizona. (I could tell you about it, but then I'd have to kill you! Or just not tell you.) This week I drove out to Sells, the largest town in and capital of the Tohona O'odham Nation. It's a real pretty drive and I always meet interesting people who remind me of my childhood on the Navajo reservation.



On the way back, our weird weekly storm blew in and I had a good view of this isolated rain shower. Within half an hour, rain was coming down all across Tucson.


A few hours later, I was waiting outside Sam's office for him to finish work. They are in an industrial area near the "tank farm" where I worked a temporary job for 6 months back in the 80's. I loved that job! The rain had stopped, but it was still overcast.


Suddenly the setting sun fell below the clouds and the huge fuel tanks just glowed! I love this late afternoon light, especially against a dark cloudy sky.


Ten minutes later . . . more beauty in the sky. Lighting is so important in photo taking, and I lucked out that day.


The next morning, the storm was gone and Sam took a photo of the fog hovering below the Whetstone Mountains at sunrise. What a beautiful commute to work.


I'll close with a screenshot from Sam, at his request. He wondered if his phone was trying to tell him something? At first I said no way am I putting that on the blog. But it IS funny!

Have a great weekend, everyone!

No comments: