Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Comparisons

Last weekend we had a group of friends out to the ranch for Sunday lunch. It was a cool, blustery day, so we packed 10 of us into our tiny living room! Everyone had a good time, and actually, 8 of the 10 have lived in small, RV type homes. Once again, I had so much fun at the party, I totally forgot to take photos! What a great blogger I am!


We had more rain over the weekend, but Monday dawned clear and bright for my morning walk.

About 6 weeks ago, as our monsoon rains were winding down, I took 3 or 4 photos of Pumpkin Patch Ranch at its most green. This Monday I took the same views, for comparison.


This was on August 24.


This is the same view on October 8. Even with a couple big rains since August, quite a change.


August 24.


October 8. As the 1960's song goes, "Where have all the flowers gone?"


And up on the rise, on August 24. Not as green as the low areas.


But more green than on October 8. You can see why we love our monsoons. But we're always glad to get back to the clear, dry desert air.


My morning walks this week have been more chilly than I was used to in Tucson. Today the morning temperature before sunrise was 42 degrees (F). And I found a couple fairy duster blooms covered with morning dew. Aren't they the perfect fairy flowers?


Speaking of flowers, Sam and I celebrated our 14th wedding anniversary this week, and my romantic husband went out on the ranch and put together a beautiful bouquet from our zinnias and wild flowers and grasses! I love it much more than the ones in a floral shop.


I'll leave you with my quick decorating project from this morning. I found this sign for $2 in the thrift store next door to the laundromat I use every week. It was silver, but a little paint leftover from the kitchen walls did the trick.


I've been looking for ways to bring color into our white living room, especially orange to blend with the painting and compliment the turquoise walls. I like it!

1 comment:

Fran said...

Happy 14th Anniv. Still enjoy reading the blog