Friday, January 17, 2020

That was easy!


It's a red-letter day! We started refinishing the deck last October 5th, and today we finally reinstalled the spindles.


As a reminder, here's what it looked like 3 months ago.


What a quick and easy project! (Yes, I'm being facetious.) But as you know, when a big project is finally done, it's so worth it. To be honest, we still have a few spindles to sand, paint and install, but the deck looks finished and we're thrilled. And Mom Vae loves the colors!


Last Sunday was another red-letter day! My brother Tim and sister-in-law Josie spent a weekend in Scottsdale and drove down to see Mom, Sam and I.


Josie cooked us fajitas for lunch and we all had a great visit. (Once again, I was having such a good time, I totally forgot to take photos. Thanks, Tim, for loaning me yours!)


On the home front, did you know that cat traps come in clear plastic?


Winter on the ranch has included rain, snow and interesting clouds, but we still get more than our share of blue skies.


And colorful sunsets. I don't know what caused this cloud formation south of us. Perhaps the Southern Cross? On second thought, we're not quite that far south.

I hope your year is off to a good start.

No comments: