Wednesday, March 6, 2019

Adventure . . . almost


My Mom and I decided to go on a little adventure this morning, and she wanted to take a photo of me. She did a pretty good job with my cell phone camera!


We drove the car 8 or 9 miles up Mescal Road, looking for the trail that goes up Rincon Peak, the big mountain north of the ranch.


Our first crossing of the creek went fine, as an inch or so of water was flowing over a section of pavement. It was a beautiful, sunny day.


A couple miles further, on the edge of federal land, the second crossing looked a little more dicey. The water was about 6 inches deep, running over loose sand. Our Ford F250 truck would have done fine, but I didn't want to chance it in the car. Neither did Ma!

We were enjoying the solitude and quiet of our back country adventure, but at this point, we turned around. To drown our disappointment, on the way home we stopped by the Quik Pic market and had an ice cream.


Last weekend, Sam and I worked on expanding our bucket garden. I measured and marked for the air vent holes.


While Sam drilled 13 holes in each of 26 buckets. It took awhile! We need to be ready next week for the seeds that are starting in the greenhouse. This morning I spotted lettuce, bok choy, okra and turnips already poking through the soil! Yay!



Sam also aired up the tractor tires, which was a big job. Those suckers hold a lot of air and fluid.


I've finally been able to get back to exercising and walking this week, after almost a month with a lingering cold. (I bet you didn't know I'd stopped.) This pretty sky was before sunrise the other day.


And this one was 5 minutes later.


This morning was nice, too. This is near the gate to our neighbors' lots behind us.


I'll leave you today with our best sunset this week. It started like this.


Then was soon sweeping across the sky.


It ended with a good display of color on a beautiful evening.

I hope you all have a great week!

No comments: