Sunday, March 16, 2008

Slab Prep and Pour (Part 2 of 4) - June 12, 2007


On Tuesday morning, I began excavating for the four inch deep, 13'4" by 17'4" slab. Mid-morning, I called the cement company to schedule the delivery of five yards of cement on Saturday morning. Imagine my surprise when they said they were closed on Saturday. YIKES! I had called a week earlier and was told they deliver on Saturdays. I now learned they're open three Saturdays a month and closed one - June 16th, formerly my slab pour day.

Then I remembered that our neighbors Kevin and Amber just poured a slab for their new house. I called Kevin and found out he's a plant manager for the local Cemex company. He said they were closed on Saturday, but he could probably get me a Friday pour. With that problem solved, I got back to shoveling. We were approaching the summer solstice, so the days are really long, affording me the maximum amount of shovel time.

No comments: