Monday, July 23, 2007

Big Sister’s request

My (Sam’s) big sister requested sunsets and flowers, so here they are. After purchasing the land and camping a few times, we really did nothing more until late 2006.
Many times during this period we walked the land, took pictures and thought about where to build our home. We are amazed at the number of plants and cactus that we never notice until the rains come and trigger a bounty of blooms in colors you wouldn’t expect in this land of muted browns and greens. We don’t know what most of them are, but we enjoy them just the same.


Another wonderful by-product of the monsoon season are the incredible sunsets and sunrises. I always take the time to enjoy them.

I believe in God and I view each sunset as a work of art, painted especially for us by our creator. This thought always calms me and helps me remember what's important in life.

No comments: