Friday, November 16, 2018

Christmas crafts


A few days ago, my friend Gaye invited a few women over for a holiday craft day (but I was the only one who could come . . . have I mentioned I'm retired now?). We missed you, Anita!


She even provided the fabric! It was fun choosing which colors and patterns would look good together. Gaye found directions for several crafty no-sew items from Shabby Fabrics on YouTube: No-Sew Picture Frame Ornament. I chose this small wreath that can be used for either a picture frame or candle holder.


First I cut the fabric into 56 small squares. . . . Well, actually, we spent the first hour talking and looking at her house! Gaye has all the right stuff to make it easier -- cutting mat, rotary cutter, protective glove.


We spent a lot of time ironing the squares into tiny triangles.


Then we started pinning. Remember, it said "No Sew." Easy!


Gaye was making a Christmas tree, but she says she intends to make all the cute crafts. Her mom and sister showed up later to visit, but they decided it looked like too much work.


Gaye's husband Paul was hanging rope lights on the back porch, but he also checked on our projects periodically and took most of these photos. Thanks, Paul! Sorry, I'm not going to post your photo-bomb!


And here's the completed project. Isn't it pretty?

A few days later, I took my mom to visit our old friend, Jackie Wilson. Stu, her husband of 67 years, died in September, so we all had that in common. Jackie made us lunch and we had a really good visit. But I forgot to take photos! Maybe another day.


Speaking of my mom, Sam and I are starting to clear an RV site to place a 5th wheel to live in, so Ma can live in her little house again.


It needs to be leveled and our dirt is pretty hard to work, but it's coming along. Uncle Henry's tractor helps so much!

I hope you all enjoy a great weekend!

No comments: